Friday, April 13, 2012

And You May Ask Yourself, This Is Not My Beautiful Wife...

It's my first day back at work from my vacation.  I've been back in New Orleans for 4 days roughly.

I feel like shit.

In retrospect, going back to Orlando for 4 days may have been a mistake.  I had an amazing time.   It was fantastic and I am as in love with that place as I ever was. Maybe more so.  But also, I felt better out there.  My feet hurt from the hours of walking and I was tired, but I felt so much better. I had energy.  I felt alive and excited.  I just wanted to keep going.  And when it was time to leave, I was incredibly disappointed.

Ever since I've been back, it feels like I've been run over with a truck.  It could be psycho-somatic.  But the reality is that New Orleans isn't the most hospitable environment.  There is literally something in the air.  The humidity is daunting (though to be fair, the last few days haven't been all that humid).  It's rough.  I would fair better in almost any other part of the country.  This isn't an epiphany.  I know this.  But it's been so long since I've sat and thought about it after a long trip, that I had forgotten how rough it is on me.

The fact is that New Orleans does not agree with me.

I'm in an odd position in my life.  I don't really hate my life.  I actually mostly like it.  My jobs are fine.  I like my friends. I'm not stuck at home watching tv every night.  Aside from the constant worry of my finances, things are going well.

But man... this place. I need to get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment