Thursday, October 4, 2012

Disney Wishes List

I was listening to a Disney podcast and thinking about my upcoming trip. I thought about all the things I'd done, all the things I wanted to do and all the things I'll probably never get to do.  It made me want to put together a Disney Wishes List--- things to do with Disney before you die.

Now these are sorted from least probable, to totally possible.


  1. Stay in the Cinderella's Castle Suite.  This is honestly never going to happen, but it's at the top of the list.  It might seem strange because the room is designed really for little girls.  The thing is, my fondest memories of working in the Magic Kingdom were the nights when I had to pick up strollers after the park was closed. All the lights and music were on and it felt like the whole park was there just for me. I'd love to have a whole night like that.
  2. Tour of Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea.  This is where it gets marginally more possible, but due to money restraints, highly improbable. Disney Sea seems to have very little to do with Disney, but it is marvelous from what I've seen. Even without the Disney, this would be an amazing trip.
  3. Book an Adventures by Disney trip. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I've always been drawn by adventure. Adv by Disney has a host of trips I would love to take.
  4. Disney Cruise Line + Walt Disney World.  Eventually I will do a Disney Cruise, but here I'm talking about specifically a 7 day cruise- probably to Castaway Cay followed by a week at Disney.
  5. Dinner at Club 33.  The most exclusive restaurant and club in all of Disney.  Located above the Pirates of the Caribbean in New Orleans Square at Disneyland, the only way to eat here is if you are a member of Club 33 (and there's a waiting list for that) or if you know a member willing to get you a reservation. Too cool.
  6. 4 Days at Disneyland, staying at the Big Thunder Mountain Suite. Combine this with #5. Disneyland has gotten more impressive in the last few years. Carsland at the California Adventure has made it all the more of a must do.
  7. 5 Signature Restaurants. I want to do five of the most exclusive signature restaurants in one trip. No expense too great.  Eating like a king.
  8. Illuminations on the Lagoon. I love Illuminations. Favorite show ever. Did you know you can rent a pontoon boat and watch the show on the water?
  9. Stay at the Beach Club.  Disney has some amazing hotels, but the Yacht and Beach Club is the most exclusive.  The Beach Club pools cannot be swam in without a Beach Club resort key. 
  10. La Nuba. Cirque du Soleil has it's own theatre at Downtown Disney. I've never been.
  11. Stay at Animal Kingdom and do the Safari tour. The AK Lodge and Wilderness Lodge are my two favorite resorts. Never stayed at either.  AK Lodge actually offers an early morning tour of the grounds where they keep the animals. Pretty cool.
  12. Fishing with my Dad.  I hate fishing, but my Dad loves it.  But there are fishing excursions (catch and release) at Disney. I wouldn't mind a few hours with him on Bay Lake.
Those are my To-Do's.  What's on your Wishes list?




No comments:

Post a Comment