Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Before I Sleep...

You may have heard this rant before, but I hate the term "Bucket List". Maybe it's because it's too kitschy for my taste, or more likely because taking the term from a Hollywood buddy movie rubs me the wrong way. But whatever you call it, it's always good to have goals.

Not too long ago I wrote a (mostly) joking list of Nerd-things to do before I die. And I have made lists like this in the past. One of my big goals was to jump off of a waterfall. In truth, I didn't exactly do that one, but I did climb 40 feet up a cliff of solid lava rock in Hawaii and then jump off of it into the Pacific Ocean. I am never doing that again, so I'm crossing the waterfall one off my list. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.



(Yeah, THAT.)

So here's my list in no particular order.

1) Travel to Australia and Scotland. Lifelong dreams unaccomplished.

2) Got to Club 33 in Disneyland, THE most exclusive restaurant in Disney History. Only a handful of people have ever been inside it. Here is one lucky person's accounting.

3. Talk to one of my writing heroes, such as JMS or Whedon.

4. Get some artwork from one of my favorite artists, such as Jim Lee, JH Williams, Tony Harris or Ryan Ottley.

5) Bro-out in Vegas with my friends. (because really-- why not??)

6. Write at least one novel and a book of a different nature. I'm not sure anyone would want to read my memoirs, but if I ever got back to work on my Disney adventures, that might be publishable.

7. Hot foreign girl. Nuff said.

8. Take my motorcycle across the Florida keys.

9) Drive across country.

10) Truly help someone who needs it.

11) Drive a Nascar racer. (Fortunately the Richard Petty Experience at WDW does indeed offer this opportunity.)

12. Go white water rafting on the Colorado River (something I am currently planning to do in the (relatively) near future.

13. Own a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment